Come show your support at City Hall this Wednesday, September 28th, at 6:30pm for the proposed site plan regarding Central Elementary and the lots that are part of the Planned Unit Development(PUD). The benefits to our community are:
- A .74 mill reduction for every taxpayer between now and 2021 when the repayment period for the remaining $144,000 owed on the bond for Central Elementary ends.
- An 8 million dollar capital project investment in our community.
- $300,000 to the school district to eliminate debt and support quality programs.
- Central Elementary will be renovated while maintaining historic landmark status. This satisfies the wishes of our voters who want to see the building preserved using the highest industry standards.
- 40 top quality housing units will be constructed in this revitalization project covering four city blocks.
- The community has voiced a desire for quality senior and family housing within walking distance of our schools and downtown.
- The most rigorous screening process will be used, exceeding current local standards for occupancy.
- The track record for Commonwealth is impeccable and they set the industry standard for quality and accountability.
- Permanent Property Manager in place to maintain investment.
- Project is a FIRST of its kind in Dickinson County.
This project is the right fit for our school and community. It provides the kind of housing options our senior citizens and young families are seeking, and allows us to partner with a reputable company to accomplish the first project of its kind in Dickinson County!
Help get the good word out to our City Council so that they can feel our support.
Make your wishes known this Wednesday!
Iron Mountain Public Schools