3rd,4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Girls’
3rd,4th, 5th & 6th Grade Boys’
5 on 5 Basketball Tournament
Saturday, December 2nd and Sunday December 3rd
The tournament will have the following brackets:
Girls – 3rd,4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade
Boys – 3rd,4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of two games if the bracket is full. If you have players in multiple grades on your team you must enter the higher grade bracket. All games will be played in one day. 1st and 2nd place winners of each bracket will receive awards.
Games will be held at Iron Mountain High School, Central Middle School, North Elementary School and East Elementary School in Iron Mountain.
Teams may have as many players on the roster as they wish, however only ten (10) players will receive awards.
Please make check payable to: Harvey Johnson
Send check with entry form no later than November 20th:
Iron Mountain Middle School
300 West B Street
Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Admission charge at the door will be:
Adults - $5:00; Students - $2.00; Under 5 - Free
A concession stand will be available. NO CARRY INS PLEASE!!!
1. Awards - 1st and 2nd place teams will be awarded.
2. Balls will be provided for warm-ups and games. No balls of any sort are to be brought into any school.
A 28.5" ball will be used for all games.
3. Be early - Arrive at the game site at least one-half hour before each game. Deliver your roster to scorer’s table in advance of each game. Waiver sheet must be filled out and sent in with payment or turned in to a Tournament Director before the first game.
4. Supervision must be provided by an adult at all times in locker rooms and in any area of Iron Mountain schools. You and your team will be responsible for any damage! Any destruction of property will result in disqualification.
5. No shooting during half time or between games by anyone not involved in the game in progress.
6. Each player should wear a complete numbered uniform.
7. The game will consist of two 16-minute halves with running clock. Clock only stops for time-outs and injuries until the last two minutes of each half when it stops for all whistles.
8. The three-point rule is in effect for all games.
9. Pressing - 4th - 6th grades: pressing is only allowed in the final two minutes of each half.
7th & 8th grades: pressing is allowed at any time.
10. Warm-ups will be 5-10 minutes. Half time will be 4 minutes. These times may be adjusted slightly to remain on schedule.
11. Overtime - A three-minute overtime period with running clock the first two minutes and stopping at each whistle the final minute. Additional overtimes will be a one-minute period with clock stopping at each whistle.
12. Profanity will not be tolerated! A double technical may be assessed and ejection is likely.
13. Time-outs - Two full one-minute time-outs per half - No carry-overs. One additional per overtime period.
14. All disputes will be settled by referee and/or tournament director without appeal.
15. Waiver or release: Iron Mountain Public Schools, the Management of this Tournament, or any Team Manager shall not be held responsible for personal injury to any player or person or loss of individual team property during this Tournament.
16. Tie Breaker for bracket winners:
a) Two Way Tie: winner of head to head game
b) Least points allowed
c) Coin Toss
Your support and sportsmanship is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
DIRECTIONS TO IRON MOUNTAIN GYMNASIUMS
FROM THE NORTH:
High School: Highway US 2 South to “A” Street (stop light). Turn right onto “A” Street and proceed to Prospect Street. The high school gym is the building on your left.
Central Middle School: Highway US 2 South to Hughitt Street. Turn right on Hughitt and proceed to Prospect Street. The gym is on your left.
East Elementary School: Highway US 2 South to “D” Street. Turn left onto “D” Street. Proceed to stop sign at Van Buren Street. Turn right onto Van Buren Street. The gym is on your right.
North Elementary School: Highway US 2 South to Fifth Street. Turn left onto Fifth Street. Continue on Fifth Street up hill. School will be on the right.
FROM THE SOUTH:
High School: Highway US 2 to “H” Street (stop light). Turn left onto “H” Street. Proceed to stop light at Carpenter Ave. Turn right onto Carpenter Ave. Proceed to “A” Street (stop light). Turn left onto “A” Street. The high school gym is the building on your left.
Central Middle School: Highway US 2 to “H” Street (stop light). Turn left onto “H” Street. Proceed to stop light at Carpenter Ave. Turn right onto Carpenter Ave. Proceed to Hughitt St. Turn left onto Hughitt Street. The gym is on your left.
East Elementary School: Highway US 2 to “D” Street. Turn right onto “D” Street. Proceed to stop sign at Van Buren Street. Turn right onto Van Buren Street. The gym is on your right.
North Elementary School: Highway US 2 to Fifth Street. Turn right onto Fifth Street. Continue on Fifth Street up hill. School will be on the right.